Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mr. DOB



Takashi Murakami is one of my favorite artists; his paintings are so mind-blowing I get a seizure if staring at them for too long, most importantly, his resin sculptures are absolutely amazing.
I did this piece for another Murakami fan as a birthday present. The proportion is off since I only had a small picture of the original sculpture for reference, and I just sort of guessed what the tail would look like. I did a crappy masking job for the ‘D’ and ‘B’ but overall I think I turned out OK. You can see more of Murakami's awesome art works here.

2 comments:

  1. You did this from scratch? Sweet!! I, too, have a thing for Murakami's work. His show at the Brooklyn Museum last summer was the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks for the first comments ever Steve.

    Yes I made this from scratch using foam and clay; I have a few pictures of the building process but after seeing your work I'm definitely going to document my work better!

    ReplyDelete