Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Let's play in my room pig!!!


Invader Zim is the best cartoon ever created (by Jhonen Vasquez)!!! GIR is just too ridiculous, fell in love with the character from the very first episode. When I made the 3D model, GIR definitely lost some of its humor aspects, but it still looks pretty funny (may be i should bust out some thread and needle to make his 'dog' suit). Two lessons learned form this:
1. give it at least 2 days for the paint and the (matt) clear coat to dry; I couldn't wait to put the pig in GIR's arms after painting, the paint was rubbed off and I had to repaint the pig, twice!!! and of course I couldn't get the same tone of pink thus pretty much ruining the piece.
2. some colors of paint cost more than others!?!? paid $7 for 1 oz. of Cobalt Teal and used about 15 drops. Last time I bought paint it was like a dollar for a gallon of some smelly acrylics.
Gave this away as b-day present (see the trend??), but last time I heard GIR was dropped from 8 ft. above ground, had a 'soft' landing but the legs broke off...what the hell was it doing that high up in the first place!?

1 comment:

  1. Invader Zim rules. I was sad to see it not continue. Your piece is a worthy depiction. No wonder those legs broke, look how thin they get! ;)

    ReplyDelete